Biosketch- John R. Bucholtz, D.O.
John R. Bucholtz, D.O currently serves as the Director of Medical Education, Designated Institutional Official and the Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program and the Osteopathic Family Practice Residency at The Medical Center in Columbus, Georgia.
Dr. Bucholtz graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed a Family Practice residency at Martin Army Community Hospital, Fort Benning, Georgia. He also completed a Faculty Development Fellowship at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
While in the Army he had experience as an Army Flight Surgeon, Predoctoral Coordinator, Clinic Director, and Clinical Investigations Director. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians and also board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice. He chaired Task Force 2 of the Future of Family Medicine project dealing with residency education. He has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors and served as President of that organization from 2001-2002. He recently finished serving a five-year term on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Family Medicine.
He recently was appointed to a six year term on the Residency Review Committee for Family Medicine of the Accreditation Concil for Graduate Medical Education. He has been an active member of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians serving on its Board of Directors, Residency Federation, Education and Legislative Committees. He has been a delegate to the AAFP Congress of Delegates from Georgia for the past four years.
Dr. Robert L. Judd
Dr. Judd is the Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Chair of the Boshell Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases Research Program at Auburn University.
Dr. Judd joined the College of Veterinary Medicine in 1998. He received his B.A. in Biology from Hendrix College in 1986 and the Ph.D. degree in Pharmacology/Toxicology from Northeast Louisiana University (School of Pharmacy) in 1990.
Dr. Judd subsequently pursued postdoctoral studies under Dr. John Miles at the Mayo Clinic, Medical School (Endocrine Research Unit). There he served as a Research Fellow from 1990-1992, and a Senior Research Fellow from 1992-1993.
- Graduated from Columbus State 1977…BA
- Trust Department… CB&T 1977- 1979
- Recruiting Director… AFLAC 1980-1983
- Founded Checkcare Systems 1983….CEO…. 600 Brookstone Centre. Columbus…Built Business to 47
Offices and over 70,000 Merchant locations.. Sold Business in 1999.
- Founded Transcom Payment Services in 1999..CEO….. An ISO sponsored by CB&T to represent Visa,
Discover, Master Card, and AMEX. Sold to Merchant E Solutions in 2005.
- Retired… 2008
- CSU Tower Society
- Served On Auburn University Athletic Advisory Board and Strategic Planning Board for University.
- Columbus Research Foundation Board of Directors
- Past Little League Baseball an Youth Football Coach
- Gameday for Heros Board of Directors.. Helped start 501c3 organization that provides free tickets to College Sporting events.
- In last 3 years have sent over 500 Wounded Warriors and Active Duty Military to Auburn, Ga, Al, Notre Dame, Oregon,Tenn and Texas Tech football games..